Care Coordinator-Social Worker - Region C (Tuscaloosa)
Under the direction of the Clinical Care Supervisor, the Care Coordinator-SW will provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete a health and psycho-social assessment tool based in case management software and or other case management system approved by Alabama Medicaid to evaluate patient needs, determine appropriate interventions, and set achievable goals based on an individualized plan of care.
- Ensure their presence in the community (e.g. physicians' offices, clinics, hospitals and community based centers), as well as outreaching to recipients in the home, via phone and /or in person.
- Provide non-clinical services, such as educating recipients about the importance of visiting their PMP, assisting them with transportation issues affecting their ability to use ALCC services.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Social Work. Master of Social Work preferred.
- Must be licensed in the State of Alabama
- Dependable transportation, valid Alabama driver's license and insuance are required.