Transition of Care-RN - Region A (Huntsville)
Under the direction of the Clinical Care Supervisor, the Transition of Care-RN will provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs in the Madison, Morgan, Cullman, Limestone, Lauderdale, Colbert, Lawrence, Franklin, Marshall, and Jackson Counties. Monday-Friday schedule, competitive salary and benefit package.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with hospital discharge planners and behavioral health staff in preparations discharge.
- Ensure home based support and services are available.
- Complete a health and psycho-social assessment tool based in case management software and/or other case management system approved by Alabama Medicaid to evaluate patient needs, determine appropriate interventions, and set achievable goals based on an individualized plan of care.
- Review medication lists and work closely with the Pharmacist regarding medication reconciliation.
Qualifications and Skills
- RN, BSN Degree required; however, an ADN with extensive experience will also be considered
- Must be licensed in the State of Alabama
- Greater than 2-5 years clinical experience
- At least two years case management experience is preferred
- Dependable transportation, valid Alabama driver's license and insuance are required.
- Bilingual is a plus